Crete - Understand Crete and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, The Cretan Way of Life, Minoan Art & Culture, The Arts, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, art and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travel-lers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversa-tions with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the extraordinary art and culture of the Minoans
- info on rebel songs and Nobel Prize laureates – Crete’s art, literature, music and dance
- full coverage of how Minoans, Romans, Venetians and Ottomans have shaped this cradle of European civilisation
- details on the fierce, proud, charming and independent Cretan people and their way of life
Coverage includes: History, The Cretan Way of Life, Minoan Art & Cul-ture, The Arts, Nature & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation