*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Crete - Rethymno (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rethymno chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
Rethymno, the eponymous capital on the northern coast is a bustle of atmosphere-soaked, cobbled lanes, laden with shops, restaurants and bars and flanked by a wide, sandy beach. The southern coast is graced with bewitching beaches in seductive isolation.
- wander through the stunning old town and then cool off over a trout lunch by the springs of Argyroupoli
- descend into Cretan history in the stunning underworld of Melidoni Cave
- escape civilisation on the beaches of Triopetra and Agios Pavlos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rethymno & around, Argyroupoli, The Hinterland, Mt Psiloritis, Μον?, Eleftherna, Margarites, Perama, Anogia, Armeni, Spili, Plakias & around, Preveli, Agia Galini, Panormo and Bali.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.