*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Crete - Rethymno (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rethymno chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
Rethymno, the eponymous capital on the northern coast is a bustle of atmosphere-soaked, cobbled lanes, laden with shops, restaurants and bars and flanked by a wide, sandy beach. The southern coast is graced with bewitching beaches in seductive isolation.
- wander through the stunning old town and then cool off over a trout lunch by the springs of Argyroupoli
- descend into Cretan history in the stunning underworld of Melidoni Cave
- escape civilisation on the beaches of Triopetra and Agios Pavlos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rethymno & around, Argyroupoli, The Hinterland, Mt Psiloritis, Μονή, Eleftherna, Margarites, Perama, Anogia, Armeni, Spili, Plakias & around, Preveli, Agia Galini, Panormo and Bali.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.