Crete - Rethymno (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rethymno Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guide-book.
Wild beauty Rethymno is peppered with historic sites and natural wonders. Ribbons of mountain road wind through the timeless interior, passing fields of wildflowers and traditional hamlets cradled by olive groves.
- explore the charismatic maze of the Venetian-Ottoman quarter before diving into Rethym-no’s gourmet eateries
- take a long lunch in Argyroupoli before wandering through Lappa’s old town and exploring Roman ruins
- learn why Moni Arkadiou is so important to the Cretan soul
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rethymno & Around, Argyroupoli, The Hinterland & Mt Psiloritis, Mili Gorge, Chromonastiri, Moni Arkadiou, Margarites, Perama, Anogia, Mt Psiloritis, Coast to Coast, Armeni, Spili, Southern Coast, Plakias & Around, Myrthios, Preveli, Agia Galini & Around, Northeastern Coast, Panormo, Bali.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.