Crete - Lasithi (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Lasithi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
With its caves, gorges, gas-blue coves, snow-capped mountains and rich ancient Minoan and Mycenaean history, Lasithi seems to have been lavished by the gods. This is also where you’ll find the island’s top resorts.
- wander among the fascinating ruins on Spinalonga Island, as well as the settlements of its tragic leper colony
- ascend 630m to witness the finest wall paintings in Crete, at the mountain-bound Church of Panagia Kera, one of Crete’s most important churches
- brave the creepy, forbidding darkness as you venture into Dikteon Cave, Zeus’ mythic birthplace high up on the Lasithi Plateau
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Agios Nikolaos, Kritsa & around, Elounda, Kolokytha Peninsula, Plaka, Milatos, Lasithi Plateau, Tzermiado, Agios Georgios, Psyhro, Dikteon Cave, Gournia, Mohlos, Sitia, Moni Toplou, Vaï, Itanos, Palekastro, Zakros, Kato Zakros, Xerokambos, Ierapetra & around and Myrtos.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.