Crete - Lasithi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lasithi Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
Crete’s easternmost region is home to the island’s top resorts: Agios Nikolaos smoulders with cosmopolitan cool, while just around the bay, Elounda tiptoes between luxe and relaxed. This is also the wildest region, with the richest biodiversity and the least trampled ranges.
- explore Byzantine frescoes, a rugged canyon and an ancient city-state in the charming vil-lage of Kritsa
- trek through Kato Zakros, a dry riverbed flanked by cliffs where the Minoans buried their dead
- settle in for a chill session among the palms on one of Crete’s most famous beaches, Vaï
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Coast, Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Spinalonga Peninsula, Plaka, Kritsa & Around, Lasithi Plateau, Tzermiado, Agios Georgios, Psyhro, North-eastern Coast, Istro & Around, Gournia, Mohlos, Sitia, Moni Toplou, Eastern Coast, Vaï, Itanos, Palekastro, Zakros & Kato Zakros, Southern Coast, Ierapetra & Around, Myrtos.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation