No code necessary. See terms.
Crete - Iraklio (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Iraklio chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
Iraklio is Crete’s most dynamic region, home to almost half the island’s population and its top-rated tourist site, the Minoan Palace of Knossos. A few kilometres inland you’ll find remote villages sweetly lost in time.
- stand in awe of Minoan artistry at the Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- sample the tasty local tipple in the Iraklio Wine Country
- get high on knockout views from Phaestos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Iraklio & around, Knossos, Agia Pelagia, Fodele, Arolithos, Arhanes & around, Iraklio Wine Country, Myrtia, Thrapsano, Zaros, Gortyna, Phaestos, Agia Triada, Matala & around, Lendas, Kapetaniana, Gournes & around, Hersonisos and Malia.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.