Crete - Hania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Crete guidebook.
A land of giant mountains, grandiose legends and memorials to great battles past, Crete’s west is presided over by the romantic port city of Hania, filled with boutique hotels, interesting shops and some of Greece’s best restaurants.
- stroll along Hania’s splendid Venetian harbour
- relax on the fine pink-cream sands of Elafonisi
- enjoy live Cretan music and the laid-back vibes of Paleohora
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Hania & Around, Southwest Coast & Sfakia, Lefka Ori & Samaria Gorge, Northwest Coast.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.