Create Your Own Camping Activities, the follow up to Lonely Planet Kids’ Create Your Own Vacation Games, is packed with over 80 ideas for the best camping games, crafts and activities. There are suggestions for fun things to do throughout the entire trip, whether you're in-the-tent or on-the-road, around the campfire or at the picnic table, as well tips for exploring nature in and around the campground. With plenty of photos and step-by-step instructions, there are games to entertain the whole family, stuff that’s just for kids, things to do outside, and ideas for cold and rainy days.
Written by Laura Baker and accompanied by fun illustrations by Sean Sims, this book can be used wherever and whenever your family goes camping. All you need is your imagination and things that can be found around the campsite (or basic craft items like paper, pens and glue).
Inside Create Your Own Camping Activities:
- Basic guide to camping - from what equipment you’ll need to pack, to setting up your tent and exploring the area around you.
- Camping games and activities - Make your own camp-ground treasure hunt, campground obstacle course, lawn games, sleeping bag races.
- Camping crafts - Create a nature collage, make camping hats with leaves and twigs, nature paintings, stick mazes.
- Exploring the great outdoors - Tree climbing, create your own nature journal, nature scavenger hunt, make nature rubbings, using field guides to find rocks, plants and animals, listening out for creatures at night.
- Camping survival skills - Building your own shelter, going fishing, foraging for food, orienteering (reading a map and a compass), building your own campfire or pizza box solar oven (fully supervised!), morse-code messages.
- Around the campfire - Camp-style cooking (toasting marshmallows, making s’mores), campfire games, stargazing, campfire songs and stories.
Publication Date: June 2023
Writers: Lonely Planet Kids
Age range: 9-12
144 pages| Dimensions: 185mm width × 240mm height
Next edition due: Not yet determined