Costa Rica - Southern Costa Rica & Peninsula de Osa (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Costa Rica & Península de Osa chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
From the chilly heights of Cerro Chirripó to the steamy coastal jungles of the Península de Osa, this sector of Costa Rica encompasses some of the country’s least-explored and least-developed land. This is the land for intrepid travelers yearning for something truly wild.
- hike the remote coast and rich rainforest of Parque Nacional Corcovado, the country’s premier wilderness experience
- climb atop Costa Rica’s tallest peak to watch the sunrise from Cerro Chirripó
- snorkel, hike and wildlife-spot along the wild coast of Bahía Drake
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Road to Chirripó, San Gerardo de Dota, Cerro de La Muerte, San Isidro de El General, San Gerardo de Rivas, Parque Nacional Chirripó, The Road to La Amistad, Reserva Indígena Boruca, Palmar, Neily, Paso Canoas, San Vito, Parque Inter-nacional La Amistad, To Corcovado via Bahía Drake, Sierpe, Humedal Nacional Térraba-Sierpe, Bahía Drake, Rancho Quemado, Bahía Drake to Corcovado, Parque Nacional Corcovado, To Corcovado via Puerto Jiménez, Carate, Cabo Matapalo, Puerto Jiménez, Dos Brazos, Reserva Forestal Golfo Dulce, Golfo Dulce, Golfito, Parque Nacional Piedras Blancas, Zancudo, Pavones, Parque Nacional Isla del Coco.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.