Costa Rica - San Jose (PDF Chapter)
This is the San José chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
Poke around historic neighborhoods, join Sunday crowds in Parque La Sabana, dance the night away to live music, or visit museums of gold, jade, and natural history, and you’ll begin to understand the appeal of Costa Rica’s cultural capital.
- savor performances amid the beaux-arts interior of Teatro Nacional
- poke around the Feria Verde de Aranjuez in search of locally grown treats
- visit colonial mansions that have been converted into coffee shops, art galleries and music venues in Barrio Amón
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.