Costa Rica - Peninsula de Nicoya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Península de Nicoya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guide-book.
In between adventures, you’ll find no shortage of boutique bunks, tasty kitchens and indul-gent spas to shelter and nourish body and soul. Whether you come for the thrills or just to chill, the Nicoya peninsula delivers.
- dive down deep to spy on sea turtles, manta rays and bull sharks at Playa del Coco
- catch morning swells and relish afternoon asanas in Nosara
- marvel at Mother Nature’s ways in Refugio Nacional de Fauna Silvestre Ostional during ar-ribada, the mass arrival of nesting ridley turtles
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Peninsula, Playas del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Ocotal, Bahía Potrero, Playa Grande, Playa Tamarindo, Playas Avellanas & Negra, Playa Junquillal, Santa Cruz, Central Peninsula, Nicoya, Parque Nacional Barra Honda, Nosara Area, Refugio Nacional de Fauna Silvestre Ostional, Playa Sámara, Playa Carrillo, Islita Area, Playas San Miguel & Coyote, Southern Peninsula, Mal País & Santa Teresa, Cabuya, Montezuma, Pla-yas Pochote & Tambor, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Curú, Paquera, Islands Near Bahía Gigante, Playa Naranjo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation