*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Costa Rica - Peninsula de Nicoya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Península de Nicoya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
Whether you come for thrills or to chill, the Nicoya Peninsula delivers. By day, ramble down rugged roads, and navigate ridges with massive coastal views. By night, spy on nesting sea turtles or take a dip in the luxuriant Pacific.
- dive down deep to spy on sea turtles, manta rays and bull sharks at Playa del Coco
- catch morning swells and relish afternoon asanas in Nosara
- marvel at Mother Nature’s ways in Refugio Nacional de Fauna Silvestre Ostional during arribada, the mass arrival of nesting ridley turtles
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Northern Peninsula, Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa, Playa Ocotal, Bahía Potrero, Playa Grande, Playa Tamarindo, Playas Avellanas & Negra, Playa Junquillal, Santa Cruz, Central Peninsula, Nicoya, Parque Nacional Barra Honda, Nosara & around, Refugio Nacional de Fauna Silvestre Ostional, Playa Sámara, Playa Carrillo, Islita & around, Playas San Miguel & Coyote, Southern Peninsula, Mal País & Santa Teresa, Reserva Natural Absoluta Cabo Blanco, Cabuya, Montezuma, Playas Pochote & Tambor, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Curú, Paquera, Islands Near Bahía Gigante, Playa Naranjo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.