Costa Rica - Northwestern Costa Rica (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Costa Rica chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
Why visit Costa Rica? To lounge on pristine beaches and ride glorious waves. To hike up volcanoes and soak in geothermal springs. To spy on monkeys and get lost among ancient trees. Northwestern Costa Rica offers all this and more.
- spot the resplendent quetzal through the mist at one of the reserves near Monteverde
- make like a monkey by zipping and swinging on the cloud forest canopy tour
- check off your bird list at Parque Nacional Palo Verde, Costa Rica’s largest wetland sanctuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Monteverde & around, Santa Elena, Bosque Nuboso Monteverde, InterAmericana Norte, Montes de Oro, Cañas, Volcán Tenorio & around, Volcán Miravalles & Around, Parque Nacional Palo Verde, Liberia, Parque Nacional Rincón de la Vieja, Sector Santa Rosa, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Bahía Junquillal, La Cruz, Bahía Salinas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.