Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Costa Rica - Central Valley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Central Valley & Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
On the coffee-cultivated hillsides of the Central Valley you’ll find Costa Rica’s heart and soul. It’s here that the Spanish first settled, here that coffee built a prosperous nation, here that picturesque highland villages still gather for centuries-old fiestas.
- paddle for your life down the cascading rapids of the Río Pacuare near Turrialba
- peer into mammoth craters and volcanic lakes at Volcán Irazú and Volcán Poás
- learn the history of chocolate, and meet rescued toucans and sloths in San Isidro de Heredia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alajuela & the Northern Valley, Parque Nacional Volcán Poás, Atenas, Grecia, Sarchí, Zarcero, Bajos del Toro, San Ramón, Heredia Area, Heredia, Barva, San Isidro de Heredia, Cartago Area, Cartago, Parque Nacional Volcán Irazú, Valle de Orosi, Turrialba & around, Monumento Nacional Arqueológico Guayabo, Parque Nacional Volcán Turrialba.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.