Costa Rica - Central Pacific Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Pacific Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guide-book.
Stretching from the rough-and-ready port of Puntarenas to the tiny town of Uvita, the central Pacific coast is home to wet and dry tropical forests, sun-drenched beaches and a healthy dose of wildlife.
- spy on playful monkeys and slow-moving sloths, adventure in the rainforest and catch some sun at the beach in Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio
- surf by day, rage by night, with spiritual yoga and festival interludes in Dominical
- surf some of the country’s best beach breaks – or watch the pros – at Playa Hermosa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Puntarenas to Playa Palo Seco, Puntarenas & Around, Parque Nacional Carara, Tárcoles & Around, Playa Herradura, Jacó, Playa Hermosa, Playa Esterillos, Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio & Around, Quepos, Quepos to Manuel Anto-nio, Manuel Antonio Village, Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio, Quepos to Uvita, Matapalo, Hac-ienda Barú National Wildlife Refuge, Dominical, Escaleras, Uvita, Parque Nacional Marino Bal-lena, Ojochal.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation