Costa Rica - Caribbean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Caribbean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guide-book.
It takes a little more effort to travel here to see the nesting turtles of Tortuguero, raft the Río Pacuare or dive the reefs off Manzanillo, but you’ll be glad you made the trip – nature has thrived on this rugged and rustic coast.
- slide silently through jungle canals in search of wildlife or volunteer to protect endangered sea turtles in Tortuguero
- raft the country’s most extreme river, Río Pacuare
- sample the culinary scene, laz on the beach and party in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Atlantic Slope, Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, Guápiles & Around, Siquirres, Puerto Limón, Moín, Northern Caribbean, Parismina, Parque Nacional Tortuguero, Tortuguero Village, Barra del Colorado, Southern Caribbean, Reserva Bio-lógica Hitoy-Cerere, Cahuita, Parque Nacional Cahuita, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Playa Co-cles, Playa Chiquita & Punta Uva, Manzanillo, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Gando-ca-Manzanillo, Sixaola.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.