Costa Rica - Caribbean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Caribbean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
It takes a little more effort to travel here to see the nesting turtles of Tortuguero, raft Río Pacuare or dive the reefs of Manzanillo. It’s worth tasting its unique flavors: the rondón, lilt of patois, and uncrowded, palm-lined beaches.
- slide silently through jungle canals in search of wildlife or volunteer to protect endangered sea turtles in Tortuguero
- ride the Río Pacuare, the country’s most extreme river
- surf, sample the culinary scene, laze on the beach and party in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Atlantic Slope, Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, Guápiles & around, Siquirres, Puerto Limón, Moín, Northern Caribbean, Parismina, Parque Nacional Tortuguero, Tortuguero Village, Barra del Colorado, Southern Caribbean, Reserva Biológica Hitoy-Cerere, Cahuita, Parque Nacional Cahuita, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Playa Cocles, Playa Chiquita & Punta Uva, Manzanillo, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestre Gandoca–Manzanillo, Bribrí, Sixaola.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.