*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Costa Rica - Arenal (PDF Chapter)
This is the Arenal & Northern Lowlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Costa Rica guidebook.
See region’s main attraction, that now-dormant volcano, surrounded by lava fields, bubbling hot springs and a stunning lake. Venture further onto the wild rivers and into the tropical jungle of the northern lowlands and you will discover real-life Costa Rica.
- hike up the Cerro Chato at Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal and gazing across the turquoise-blue crater lake at its summit
- soothe your weary muscles with a soak in volcano-heated pools at Eco Termales Hot Springs
- marvel at sweeping lake or volcano views from your perch in charming El Castillo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arenal & around, La Fortuna, Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal, El Castillo, Laguna de Arenal, Tilarán, Northern Lowlands, Upala, Refugio Nacional de Vida Silvestra Caño Negro, Los Chiles, San Rafael de Guatuso, Muelle de San Carlos, Ciudad Quesada (San Carlos), Boca Tapada, Sarapiquí Valley, San Miguel, La Virgen, Chilamate & around, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, Estación Biológica La Selva, Horquetas & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.