Cork, Kerry & Southwest Ireland Road Trips - County Kerry (PDF Chapter)
This is the County Kerry chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cork, Kerry & Southwest Ireland Road Trips guidebook.
County Kerry contains some of Ireland’s most iconic scenery: surf-pounded sea cliffs and soft golden strands, emerald-green farmland criss-crossed by tumbledown stone walls, mist-shrouded bogs and cloud-torn mountain peaks.
- explore idyllic Killarney National Park’s ancient oak woods, for panoramic mountain views
- search for sublime and savage landscapes at the Gap and Dunloe
- wind past pristine beaches, medieval ruins, mountains and loughs on the Ring of Kerry
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Killarney, Around Killarney, Killarney National Park, Gap of Dunloe, Ring of Kerry, Killorglin, Caherdaniel, Kenmare, Dingle Peninsula, Dingle Town, Northern Kerry, Tralee, Killorglin.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map