*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Colorado - Vail, Aspen & Central Colorado (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vail, Aspen & Central Colorado chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Central Colorado is where you can find the most trillion-dollar sights, run the gnarliest rivers, charge the sickest runs and choose one hike that is sure to save your citified soul.
- experience the backcountry: climb a 14er, such as Quandary Peak, day hike the Colorado Trail or ski hut-to-hut around Shrine Pass
- explore historic Breckenridge and ski from Peak 8 all the way down into town
- hike to the Maroon Bells, soak in hot springs and fall in love with glamorous Aspen
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes:Idaho Springs, Mt Evans, St Mary’s Glacier & James Peak, Georgetown, Winter Park, Loveland Pass, Dillon, Frisco, Keystone Resort, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Vail, Minturn, Beaver Creek, Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt, Aspen, Salida, Buena Vista, Twin Lakes and Leadville.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.