Colorado - Vail, Aspen & Central Colorado (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vail, Aspen & Central Colorado chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Central Colorado is where you can find the most trillion-dollar sights, run the gnarliest rivers and charge the sickest runs, and where you can make one hike that is sure to save your citified soul within a single afternoon.
- ski from the tip-top of Peak 8 all the way down into the historic mining town of Breckenridge
- hike to the Maroon Bells, hobnob with the stars and revel in that Rocky Mountain magic in Aspen
- toast the powder in the legendary back bowls of Vail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Denver to Summit County, Idaho Springs, Georgetown, Winter Park, Loveland Pass, Summit County, Dillon, Frisco, Keystone Resort, Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Breckenridge, Fairplay, Copper Mountain, Vail & the Holy Cross Wil-derness, Vail, Minturn, Beaver Creek, Aspen & the Maroon Bells, Glenwood Springs, Carbon-dale, Basalt, Aspen, Redstone, Salida & the Collegiate Peaks, Salida, Buena Vista, Twin Lakes, Leadville.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation