Colorado - Understand Colorado and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Understand Colorado, Colorado Today, History, The Arts, Wildlife & the Land, Directory A–Z, and Transportation chapters from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food and drink, wildlife and the arts, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on how Coloradans live today, from the influence of the pioneers to sustainabil-ity and the legalisation of mariuana
- info on dinosaurs, geology, flora and fauna
- full coverage of the lively arts scene encompassing Native American art and handicrafts and a program of outdoor summer festivals
- details on farm-to-table cuisine and the flourishing microbrewery movement
Coverage includes: Understand Colorado, Colorado Today, History, The Arts, Wildlife & the Land, Directory A–Z, and Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation