*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Colorado - Southeast Colorado & the San Luis Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Colorado & the San Luis Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Colorado’s arid southeast is a place of high desert landscapes backed by craggy peaks and flat-topped mesas. Southern Colorado interweaves dramatic vistas, fossilized dinosaur footprints and seas of sand with hardscrabble history, to great effect.
- marvel at the sight of North America’s highest dunes at Great Sand Dunes National Park
- ascend Pikes Peak or gaze at its lofty heights from the magical Garden of the Gods
- drive the twists and turns of Phantom Canyon on the way to Cripple Creek
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Colorado Springs, Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument & Around, Cañon City & the Royal Gorge, Florence, Pueblo, La Veta & the Spanish Peaks, Highway of Legends, Trinidad, Bent’s Old Fort National Historic Site, Timpas & the Comanche National Grassland, Fort Garland, Great Sand Dunes National Park, San Luis State Park, Alamosa, San Luis, Antonito, Conejos River & the South San Juans, Penitente Canyon, Del Norte, Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Westcliffe and Crestone.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.