Colorado - Southeast Colorado & the San Luis Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Colorado & the San Luis Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Colorado’s arid southeast is a place of high desert landscapes backed by craggy peaks and flat-topped mesas, where silvery sage and scraggly juniper morphs into the great aspens and pines of the central mountains.
- work out how all this sand got here in Great Sand Dunes National Park
- marvel at the majesty of the heavenly Garden of the Gods
- try not to pretend you’re a rally driver as you navigate twisty Phantom Canyon to Cripple Creek
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Southern Front Range, Colorado Springs, Cañon City, Florence, Cripple Creek, Manitou Springs, The Santa Fe Trail, Pueblo, La Veta, Trinidad, The San Luis Valley, Fort Garland, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Alamosa, San Luis, Anto-nito, Conejos River & the South San Juans, Penitente Canyon, Del Norte, Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Westcliffe, Crestone.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.