Colorado - Rocky Mountain National Park & Northern Colorado (PDF Chapter)
This is the Rocky Mountain National Park & Northern Colorado chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Wherever you go in Northern Colorado, hiking, biking, skiing and rafting adventures await. Head down forgotten roads to visit mining ghost towns, or hike out into the wilderness for back-country adventures that can stretch as far as your imagination.
- laze in hot springs, and hike and bike until your lungs hurt, in Steamboat Springs
- hop from brewery to brewery in Fort Collins before a day of exploration in the nearby foot-hills
- summit one of Colorado’s most iconic 14,000ft peaks, Longs Peak
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Fort Col-lins, Sterling, Cache la Poudre River, Red Feather Lakes, Walden, Grand Lake, Granby, Hot Sulphur Springs, Kremmling, Steamboat Springs, Oak Creek, Craig, Dinosaur National Monu-ment, Dinosaur, Meeker.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.