*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Colorado - Denver & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Denver & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colorado guidebook.
Denver, the inner-mountain West’s cosmopolitan capital, delights in a growing culinary and arts scene, plus plenty of brewpubs, great parks and cycling trails, and close proximity to spectacular hiking, rafting, skiing and camping in the Rocky Mountains.
- mix outdoor spaces with cosmopolitan modernism in the state capital, and delve into the rich art collection at Denver Art Museum
- after hiking through spectacular rock formations, take in a show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- stretch your legs on the Colorado Trail
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Around Denver.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.