Colombia - San Andres & Providencia (PDF Chapter)
This is the San Andrés & Providencia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
The archipelago of San Andrés and Providencia is geographically located near to Nicaragua, historically tied to England and politically part of Colombia. You’ll find isolated beaches, un-spoiled coral reefs, an alluring island flavor, and the 300-year-old English-Creole-speaking Rai-zal culture.
- drink coco locos on the gorgeous Bahía Suroeste while watching the sunset
- lie on Providencia’s busiest beach, Bahía Aguadulce, and still encounter only a few dozen other people
- dig your toes into the pristine sands of the stunning 4-hectare Johnny Cay Natural Re-gional Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Andrés, Providencia.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.