Colombia - Pacific Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pacific Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
There are few destinations as ruggedly spectacular as the Pacific region of Colombia. It is a place where waterfalls pour out of forest-covered bluffs onto spectacular gray-sand beaches, thermal pools lie hidden in dense jungle and tiny indigenous villages cling to the edge of wild rivers.
- relax amid tropical gardens on gray-sand beaches in Guachalito, the Chocó’s charming low-key resort district
- spot humpback whales playing with their young just offshore in Parque Nacional Natural (PNN) Ensenada de Utría
- surf the Pacific’s 2m waves with a dramatic jungle backdrop at El Valle’s Playa Almejal
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chocó, Bahía Solano & Around, El Valle, Parque Nacional Natural Ensenada de Utría, Nuquí & Around, South Coast, Parque Nacional Natural Isla Gorgona.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation