Colombia - Medellin & Zona Cafetera (PDF Chapter)
This is the Medellín & Zona Cafetera chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Welcome to país paisa – paisa country – a vibrant region made up of coffee plantations and flower farms, lush cloud forest, dynamic student towns and the busy city of Medellín. One of Co-lombia’s most dynamic regions, it is not to be missed.
- crane your neck to see the tops of the majestic wax palms in Valle de Cocora
- ride the Metrocable high above medellín’s rooftops before sampling the city’s many fine restaurants and bars
- head out into the plantation to pick your own coffee in the Zona Cafetera
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Medellín & Around, Guatapé, Piedra del Peñol, Santa Fe de Antioquia, Jardín, Río Claro, Zona Cafetera, Manizales & Around, Parque Nacional Natural Los Nevados, Pereira, Termales de Santa Rosa, Termales San Vicente, Santuario Otún Quimbaya, Parque Ucumarí, Armenia & Around, Salento, Filandia, Valle de Cocora.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.