Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Colombia - Los Llanos (PDF Chapter)
This is the Los Llanos chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
As you head southeast away from Bogotá, the jagged Andean terrain soon flattens out as if a giant guillotine dropped down across the mountains, revealing an endless sea of green grass-lands. This is Los Llanos (the Plains).
- witness the extraordinary combination of colors that explodes to life for a few months a year in Caño Cristales
- base yourself in the lovable provincial town of San José del Guaviare while exploring the surrounding countryside
- stare up in wonder at the fascinating messages left for posterity by long-vanished indige-nous peoples, the Nueva Tolima Cave Paintings
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Villavicencio, San José del Guaviare, Caño Cristales, Parque Nacional Natural El Tuparro.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.