Colombia - Caribbean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Caribbean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guide-book.
Sun-soaked and stewed in culture, Colombia’s dramatic Caribbean coastline is its dazzling crown, capping the country with myriad ecosystems, from the dense jungles of the Darién Gap on the border with Panama, to the hauntingly atmospheric desert of La Guajira near Venezuela.
- soak up the history as you stroll the colorful colonial streets of unforgettable Cartagena
- beach-hop through the magical coves of Parque Nacional Natural (PNN) Tayrona
- trek through thick Colombian jungle to Ciudad Perdida, the mysterious pre-Columbian cap-ital of the Tayrona people
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cartagena & Around, Islas del Rosario, Playa Blanca, Volcán de Lodo El Totumo, Northeast of Cartagena, Santa Marta, Minca, Taganga, Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona, Palomino, Ciudad Perdida, La Guajira Peninsula, Riohacha, Cabo de la Vela, Punta Gallinas, Valledupar, Southeast of Cartagena, Mompós, Southwest of Cartagena, Tolú, Islas de San Bernardo, Turbo, Capurganá & Sapzurro.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation