Colombia - Cali & Southwest Colombia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cali & Southwest Colombia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Out of the way and with a reputation for security problems, southwest Colombia is often over-looked by travelers, but this fascinating region warrants an appearance on all itineraries. It’s an authentic land of contrasts, stimulating the senses at every opportunity.
- gawk at giant pre-Columbian sculptures in phenomenal natural settings in San Agustín
- learn to boogie in sweaty salsa joints in Cali
- spend the night stargazing among the cacti in Desierto de la Tatacoa, Colombia’s tiniest desert
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cali & Around, Pance, Lago Calima, Darién, Cauca & Huila, Popayán, Coconuco, San Agustín, Tierradentro, Desierto de la Tatacoa, Villavieja, Nariño, Pasto, Laguna de la Cocha, Ipiales, Santuario de Las Lajas.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.