*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Colombia - Boyaca, Santander & Norte de Santander (PDF Chapter)
This is the Boyacá, Santander & Norte de Santander chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Extreme is the game amid this region’s deep gorges, fast-flowing rivers and soaring, snowcapped mountains, the country’s outdoor-adventure capital San Gil, and the glacial peaks of Parque Nacional Natural (PNN) El Cocuy. But it’s the region’s bucolic colonial villages evoking life inside a living museum that forge the most lasting impressions.
- tackle the epic Cañon del Río Suárez in San Gil via white-water rafting
- trek the extraordinary páramo wetlands around sky-high Lago de Tota
- lose yourself in the color-coordinated, stuck-in-time village of Mongui
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boyacá, Villa de Leyva & around, Santuario de Iguaque, La Candelaria, Lago de Tota & around, Sogamoso, Monguí, Sierra Nevada del Cocuy, Santander, San Gil, Barichara, Parque Nacional del Chicamocha, Bucaramanga, Norte de Santander, Pamplona, and Playa de Belén.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
South America on a Shoestring - Understand South America and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)