Colombia - Boyaca, Santander & Norte de Santander (PDF Chapter)
This is the Boyacá, Santander & Norte de Santander chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Boyacá, Santander and Norte de Santander together form one of the first areas settled by Spanish conquistadores and its calling as Colombia’s heartland cannot be understated. It’s here that the seeds of revolution were sowed, ultimately leading to Colombia’s independence.
- wander the cinematic streets of Barichara amid colonial splendor
- hike beneath glaciers and among spectacular mountain peaks in the rarely visited Parque Nacional Natural El Cocuy
- explore cobblestone streets, hidden waterfalls and prehistoric fossils in Villa de Leyva
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Boyacá, Villa de Leyva & Around, Santuario de Iguaque, Sogamoso, Monguí, Sierra Nevada del Cocuy, Santander, San Gil, Barichara, Guane, Cañon del Chicamocha, Bucaramanga, Guadalupe, Norte de Santander, Pamplona, Playa de Belén.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.