Colombia - Bogota (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bogotá chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Bogotá is Colombia’s beating heart, an engaging and vibrant capital cradled by chilly Andean peaks and steeped in sophisticated urban cool. The city’s cultural epicenter is La Candelaria, the cobbled historic downtown to which most travelers gravitate.
- ponder Colombia’s El Dorado myths at the Museo del Oro, one of the continent’s top mu-seums
- step through the looking glass into the surreal nightlife world at Andrés Carne de Res
- trek up the Cerro de Monserrate, the towering symbol of Bogotá, with the Sunday pil-grims
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Bogotá.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.