Colombia - Amazon Basin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon Basin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Colombia guidebook.
Amazon. The very word evokes images of pristine jungle, incredible wildlife and, of course, one world-famous river. The region known to Colombians as Amazonia is a vast 643,000-sq-km slice of rainforest accounting for a third of Colombia’s total area.
- spend a few days observing the abundant wildlife at the wonderful Reserva Natural Pal-marí
- unwind in the car-free, impressively sustainable and generally adorable village of Puerto Nariño, on the banks of the Amazon
- spot pink and gray dolphins in the warm waters of magical Lago Tarapoto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Leticia, Parque Nacional Natural Amacayacu, Puerto Nariño, Río Yavarí.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.