Coastal Victoria Road Trips - Goldfields & Macedon Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Goldfields & Macedon Road Trip chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal Victoria Road Tripsguidebook.
Gold was what made Victoria great, and this lovely meander through old gold-mining towns and rolling hill country is one of the state’s more agreeable and lesser-known drives.
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Macedon, Woodend, Hanging Rock, Kyneton, Castlemaine, Maldon, Maryborough, Clunes and Ballarat.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation