Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef - Whitsunday Coast (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Whitsunday Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia guidebook.
Many travellers to Australia head straight for the Whitsunday Islands and barely leave. Opal-jade waters and pure-white beaches fringe the forested isles; around them, tropical fish swarm through the world’s largest coral garden in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- camp under the stars and make like an island castaway in Whitsunday Islands National Park
- sail through magnificent aquamarine waters of the Whitsunday Islands
- wait patiently for a glimpse of a shy platypus and walk in the misty rainforest of Eungella National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mackay, Mackay’s Northern Beaches, Sarina, Sarina Beach, Eungella, Eungella National Park, Cumberland Islands, Cape Hillsborough National Park, The Whitsundays, Proserpine, Airlie Beach, Conway National Park, Long Island, Hook Is-land, South Molle Island, Daydream Island, Hamilton Island, Hayman Island, Lindeman Island, Whitsunday Islands, Bowen.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.