Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef - Cairns & the Daintree Rainforest (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cairns & the Daintree Rainforest chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia guidebook.
Tropical, touristy Cairns is an unmissable stop on any east coast traveller’s itinerary. Experi-enced divers and first-time toe-dippers swarm to the steamy city for its easy access to the Great Barrier Reef.
- dive, snorkel and swim among the fish, turtles and multicoloured corals at the Great Barrier Reef
- walk alongside Mossman Gorge’s crystal-clear waters on Kuku-Yalanji Dreamtime Walks
- ride the Skyrail above the rainforest to Kuranda’s markets, then return to Cairns by the Ku-randa Scenic Railway
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cairns & Around, Islands off Cairns, Cairns’ Northern Beaches, Atherton Tablelands, Kuranda, Mareeba, Atherton, Millaa Millaa, Malanda & Around, Yungaburra, Lake Tinaroo, Crater Lakes National Park, Port Douglas, Mossman, The Daintree, Daintree Village, Cow Bay & Around, Cape Tribulation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.