*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef - Brisbane & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brisbane & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s East Coast Australia guidebook.
Sophisticated city galleries and rooftop bars, desolate subtropical beaches, cool-climate vineyards: the greater Brisbane region deals in Queensland’s most gasp-inducing contrasts. Star of the show is Brisbane itself, a lush, sultry metropolis with flourishing restaurant, bar and cultur-al scenes.
- find your modern muse at Brisbane’s Gallery of Modern Art, one of Australia’s hottest gal-leries of contemporary art
- picnic, stroll or simply soak up the sun by an inner-city beach at South Bank Parklands, Brisbane’s best-loved riverside hangout
- roam bookshops, microbreweries and band venues in West End, Brisbane’s boho heart-land
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Brisbane & Around, North Stradbroke Island, Moreton Island.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.