*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Coastal California - San Francisco (PDF Chapter)
This is the San Francisco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal California guidebook.
San Francisco’s morning fog erases the boundaries between land and ocean, reality and infinite possibility. Rules are never strictly followed here, but bliss is. Pursue inspiration through Golden Gate Park, past flamboyantly painted Victorian homes and through Mission galleries.
- follow your bliss through SF’s mile-wide wild streak: Golden Gate Park
- see how real life is cooler than science fiction at the Exploratorium
- watch fog dance atop the deco towers of the Golden Gate Bridge
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.