Coastal California - Napa & Sonoma Wine Country (PDF Chapter)
This is the Napa & Sonoma Wine Country chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal Califor-nia guidebook.
America’s premier viticulture region has earned its reputation among the world’s best. Despite hype about Wine Country style, all Wine Country lore springs from the land. Plan to get lost in back roads, rolling hills and lush redwood forests.
- taste California’s biggest and boldest red wines and fall under their intoxicating spell in the Napa Valley, then grab snacks downtown at Napa’s Oxbow Public Market
- feast in Northern California’s greatest food town, Healdsburg. Then, wallet permitting, hit up exciting new restaurant, SingleThread
- submerge yourself in a volcanic-ash mud bath at a fabulous Calistoga hot-springs resort, then sleep in a yurt in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Napa Valley, Napa Valley Wineries, Napa, Yountville, Oakville & Rutherford, St Helena, Calistoga & Around, Sonoma Valley, Sonoma Valley Wineries, Sonoma & Around, Glen Ellen & Kenwood, Russian River Area, Russian River Wineries, Se-bastopol, Occidental & Around, Guerneville & Around, Santa Rosa, Healdsburg & Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation