*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Coastal California - Los Angeles (PDF Chapter)
This is the Los Angeles chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal California guidebook.
Ah, Los Angeles: land of starstruck dreams and Tinseltown magic. You may think you know what to expect from LA, but do yourself a favor and leave your preconceptions in the suitcase.
- watching surfers carve waves at Surfrider Beach in Malibu
- shopping like a star at Malibu Country Mart
- swerving along breathtaking Palos Verdes Drive, then hunting for starfish and anemones in the tide pools of Abalone Cove Shoreline Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights & Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Los Angeles, Catalina Island, Big Bear Lake.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.