*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Coastal California - Los Angeles (PDF Chapter)
This is the Los Angeles chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal California guide-book.
LA is best defined by simple life-affirming moments. A cracked-ice, jazz-age cocktail on Bev-erly Blvd, a hike high into the Hollywood Hills sagebrush, a pink-washed sunset over a thunder-ing Venice Beach drum circle, the perfect taco.
- check out LA’s oldest buildings, its most glorious movie palaces and many of its hottest restaurants, bars and boutiques downtown
- strut your stuff on Venice Boardwalk – one long, eclectic runway flanked by soaring palms, street artists and bulging Schwarzenegger wannabes
- feel your spirits soar surrounded by art, architecture, views and gardens at the Getty Cen-ter
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Sights & Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleep-ing, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Los Angeles.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.