*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Coastal California - Central Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Coastal California guidebook.
Too often forgotten or dismissed as ‘flyover’ country between San Francisco and LA, this fairy-tale stretch of California coast is packed with wild Pacific beaches, misty redwood forests where hot springs hide, and rolling golden hills of vineyards and fields.
- screaming your head off aboard the Giant Dipper on the beach boardwalk, then learning to surf in Santa Cruz
- cruising Hwy 1, where the sky touches the sea, along the rocky coastline of mystical Big Sur
- being mesmerized by aquatic denizens of the ‘indoor ocean’ at the kid-friendly aquarium in Monterey
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Highway 1, Santa Cruz & Around, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, Point Piedras Blancas, Hearst Castle, San Simeon, Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, Montaña de Oro State Park, Highway 101, Gilroy, San Juan Bautista, Salinas, Pinnacles National Park, Mission San Antonio De Padua, San Miguel, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach, Pismo Beach.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.