Civil War Trail Road Trips - The Civil War Tour Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Civil War Tour chapter from Lonely Planet’s Civil War Trail Road Trips guidebook.
See preserved battlefields, 19th-century countryside, museums aplenty and Southern small towns on this trip through Virginia and Maryland.
- enjoy Richmond’s historic hotels, great eats and magnificent museums
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- wander through bucolic fields at Manassas National Battlefield Park
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- 3D-illustration of National Mall
- discover even more with detours and background information
Coverage includes: Antietam, Washington, DC, Manassas National Battlefield Park, Fredericksburg, Stonewall Jackson Shrine, Cold Harbor Battlefield, Richmond, Petersburg, Appomattox Court House National Park, Maryland, Frederick, Antietam National Battlefield, Pennsylvania, Gettysburg, Virginia, West Virginia, Manassas and Harpers Ferry.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.