Civil War Trail Road Trips - Historical Mississippi Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Historical Mississippi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Civil War Trail Road Trips guidebook.
Stroll in the footsteps of literary masters and civil rights heroes, or see blood-soaked battlefields; over the years, Mississippi has been beautiful and wild, serene and violent, complex yet simple. To explore her turbulent past is to discover Mississippi now.
- hang out in a classic Mississippi Delta juke joint
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see where the Civil Rights movement’s iconic events took place
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take in the beauty of the Mississippi River
- discover even more with detours and background information
Coverage includes: Oxford, Clarksdale, Glendora, Indianola, Jackson, Vicksburg, Natchez and Mississippi Delta.