Civil War Trail Road Trips - Historical Mississippi Trip (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Historical Mississippi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Civil War Trail Road Trips guidebook.
Stroll in the footsteps of literary masters and civil rights heroes, or see blood-soaked battlefields; over the years, Mississippi has been beautiful and wild, serene and violent, complex yet simple. To explore her turbulent past is to discover Mississippi now.
- hang out in a classic Mississippi Delta juke joint
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see where the Civil Rights movement’s iconic events took place
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take in the beauty of the Mississippi River
- discover even more with detours and background information
Coverage includes: Oxford, Clarksdale, Glendora, Indianola, Jackson, Vicksburg, Natchez and Mississippi Delta.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.