*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Civil War Trail Road Trips - Historical Mississippi Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Historical Mississippi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Civil War Trail Road Trips guidebook.
Stroll in the footsteps of literary masters and civil rights heroes, or see blood-soaked battlefields; over the years, Mississippi has been beautiful and wild, serene and violent, complex yet simple. To explore her turbulent past is to discover Mississippi now.
- hang out in a classic Mississippi Delta juke joint
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- see where the Civil Rights movement’s iconic events took place
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- take in the beauty of the Mississippi River
- discover even more with detours and background information
Coverage includes: Oxford, Clarksdale, Glendora, Indianola, Jackson, Vicksburg, Natchez and Mississippi Delta.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.