Civil War Trail Road Trips
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet Civil War Trail Road Trips.
Featuring 4 amazing road trips, plus up‐to‐date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can visit Civil War battlefields where it all took place and immerse yourself in the lively music culture of the South, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Civil War Trail Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily ‐ easy‐to‐read, full‐color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road ‐ local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips ‐ hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets ‐ eating, sleeping, sight‐seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features ‐ including Stretch Your Legs, Detours
Covers: Washington, Virginia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee and more