China - Yunnan (Chapter)
This is the Yunnan chapter from Lonely Planet’s China guidebook.
Yunnan is the most diverse province in China, both in its population and the splendour of its landscapes. Its combination of superlative sights and different ethnic groups has made Yunnan the trendiest destination for China’s exploding domestic tourist industry.
- catch a magical sunrise or sunset at the awesome Yuanyang Rice Terraces
- test your legs and lungs on the Tiger Leaping Gorge trek
- marvel at the peaks (and glacier) around Deqin on the Tunnan-Tibet border
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kunming, Jianshui, Yuanyang Rice Terraces, Dali, Shaxi, Lijiang, Baisha, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Shangri-la, Deqin & Kawa Karpo, Tengchong County, Ruili, Jinghong.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.